Translate

Search This Blog

ORA-00443: background process "LCK0" did not start

my 12cRAC Clusterware(grid infra) services stack did not start. When I checked I found CSS was online(it means shared disk was ok) but there was issue in starting CRSD. It did not start as its prerequiite ASM instance service did not start. So I tried to started manually by crsctl command and manually by sqlplus but I got error   ORA-00443: background process "LCK0" did not start

I looked into trace of lck01 and it was not informative but trace of last user process which terminated the instance had hint shared memory issue. I remember I did not decrease ASM instance size and machine had 1.7GB memory so wondered what  could be the issue. I tried to increase tmpfs from 700M (default) to 1Gb but it did not help. At t second thought it came that it was 12c and may require more memory. I had reduced memory allocated to this VM from 3G to 1.7GB in order to troubleshooting too long wait fpr putty login(due call to NAT network parameter in resolv.conf) and another issue freezing of machine due too slow ATA disk time wait in order of 60s. I increased memory allocated to VM and then ASM service
started fine.
    ------------------------------------ error stack----------------------------------

CRS-2672: Attempting to start 'ora.asm' on '12crac1'
CRS-5017: The resource action "ora.asm start" encountered the following error:
ORA-00443: background process "LCK0" did not start
. For details refer to "(:CLSN00107:)" in "/u01/12.1.0/grid/log/12crac1/agent/ohasd/oraagent_grid/oraagent_grid.log".
CRS-2674: Start of 'ora.asm' on '12crac1' failed

Note : of course error :ORA-00443 can come for n reasons and you may have different reason than me.